‘a warm, inclusive, modern Jewish community’
We hold one Shabbat service on every first Saturday of the month, with additional services for the main Festivals including Yom Kippur, as well as various social events.
If anyone has difficulty with transport please contact us via the website and we will endeavour to help you get to services.
Please refer to other specific sections for High Holy Days and Festivals.
- What is Liberal Judaism?
- Liberal Judaism YouTube channel
- Useful Links
- Peterborough Synagogue
- Our Rabbi
- Data Privacy Notice
Peterborough Liberal Jewish Community
Data Privacy Notice
1. Your personal data – what is it? Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the GDPR).
2. Who are we? Peterborough Liberal Jewish Community (PLJC) is the data controller (contact details below). This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
3. How do we process your personal data? PLJC complies with its obligations under the GDPR by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use your personal data for the following purposes: –
● To send you information about services, events, activities, meetings, and news.
● Where appropriate, to send information about AGMs and other information relating to the governance of PLJC.
● To administer membership records.
● To maintain PLJC’s accounts and records.
● To organise religious and pastoral support.
● To contact individuals for their views and opinions.
● To promote the Community
4. What is the legal basis for processing your personal data? PLJC has identified that it has a lawful basis for collecting and processing your data based on
• The contract of membership
• Your explicit consent as specified on the Consent Form
• PLJC is a not-for-profit religious organisation.
The processing relates to contact information for all members and those who have requested information on Community services, activities and events. PLJC will contact members and recipients of our communications to clarify their communication preferences on a regular basis.
5. Sharing your personal data Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be shared within the organisation for the purposes of delivering information and services relevant to you. As a constituent member of Liberal Judaism (LJ), the information provided will be made available to LJ for the purpose of supporting PLJC, providing religious and pastoral support, statistical analysis and major events. However we will not pass on your name or contact details without your further express permission.
PLJC/18/11/18 As PLJC is a member of the Jewish Joint Burial Society (JJBS), we send JJBS information regarding personal details of our members and their children under the age of 21 (name, gender, address, and date of birth). This data is required under contract to ensure that they are able to provide a funeral for our members. JJBS never use this information for marketing purposes, and nor do they pass it on to any third parties. Once someone has died they are no longer subject to the regulations and JJBS hold the information about them indefinitely. If you terminate your membership of the Community, you can request to be forgotten by JJBS, but if you wish to re-join JJBS, and they have no prior information, then you may lose some of your membership rights and also your right to a future discounted non-member funeral. We will not pass on your details to other third parties without your consent.
6. How long do we keep your personal data? We retain data on members and community contacts whilst it is still current. Once you cease to be a member we will delete your data at the end of the Membership Year following the year in which you leave, unless you give us permission to retain it for the purposes of supplying information on Community events and activities.
7. Your rights and your personal data Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data: –
● The right to request a copy of your personal data which PLJC holds about you.
● The right to request that PLJC corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date.
● The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for PLJC to retain such data.
● The right to request that the PLJC data controller provide the data subject with his/her personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability).
● The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing.
● The right to object to the processing of personal data.
● The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
8. Further processing If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
9. Contact Details To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints, please in the first instance contact firstname.lastname@example.org and mark your email FAO the Honorary Secretary, or on 07561 331390. You can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF.